Friday, October 14, 2011

NASA Tweetup??

So, I got an e-mail yesterday saying that I had been wait listed for an upcoming NASA event. Oddly enough, I knew what was. The moment of truth had arrived. Was I selected to go to Florida to attend the NASA Tweetup? Sadly, I was not. I had been wait listed. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to be part of the wait list, but I have never been to a tweetup. With any luck, I still shall be able to become part of the tweetup at Kennedy space center in Florida. There are many people there that I'd love to meet. Only time will tell if I will be accepted officially. I'm still patiently waiting for the e-mail from NASA, giving me the good news about the tweetup. In the meantime, I'm still making plans to head down to Florida either way. I'm still very excited about heading down there. This will give me an experience any chance that I couldn't pass up. I've been interested in space and science for a very long time now. This would be the second time that I would be in close contact with like minded people in my life. The first time was during a conference in DC. I would say I made some new friends there, ranging from NASA employees to everyday bloggers. @flyingjenny gave me my lanyard, but I still have my keys on to this day. The educational outreach people at NASA, actually gave me some NASA swag. I thought this was awesome! I'd be grateful to have the experience again, but this time at the NASA tweetup in Florida for the Mars Science Laboratory. Anyways, I'd better check my emails. Maybe the good news has already arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment